Humana Specialty Pharmacy delivers when it counts
If you require specialty medication, Humana Specialty Pharmacy® can get it to you when you need it. We ship medication for chronic or complex conditions such as HIV, cancer or multiple sclerosis to your location of choice, whether it’s your home or doctor’s office. But our commitment to care goes much further than that.
Supporting you on your health journey is our top priority. Our dedication to our customers has helped us earn the Managed Market Insight & Technology (MMIT) Specialty Pharmacy Patient Choice Award for best-in-class customer satisfaction and overall customer care, 3 years in a row.1
Care you can count on:
- One-on-one consultations with our pharmacy staff. Your dedicated patient care coordinator will work with your doctor to get your medication to you on time. Our pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions about your prescription. Bilingual pharmacists and translation services are available to help you in your preferred language.
- Financial assistance. Our finance specialists help patients find patient assistance programs and assist with the paperwork. In 2019, we helped patients find over $108.9 million in patient assistance funds through our relationships with over 175 funding sources.2
- Delivery scheduling. You can schedule when your package arrives at your chosen home or office address.
- Refill reminders. Get reminders via phone, email or text when it’s time to refill your prescription.
- Quality checks and safeguards. Expert pharmacists will check your prescriptions for accuracy and make sure they’re safe to take with your other medications.
- Safe, secure shipping. We heat-seal your prescription bottles with tamper-resistant foil before shipping and send them in plain packaging so only you know what’s inside. Medications that need to be refrigerated are shipped with a cold pack.
Resources for your healthcare journey
As we continue to focus on and enhance your healthcare journey, we’re excited to introduce our Centers of Excellence. Each center specializes on a specific condition, bringing together expert pharmacists and clinicians in that area who will share care suggestions, research and healthcare insights with you. We have 2 Centers of Excellence—for multiple sclerosis (MS) and cancer with more to come.
We encourage you to engage with our specialty pharmacists, nurses and support staff. They’ll provide you and your loved ones information to help keep your MS or cancer treatment on track. Your friends and family without Humana insurance can also use this resource.
The personal touch
Our Centers of Excellence dedicated clinical staff aim to help improve quality of life by providing a library of educational materials specific to your condition, ongoing drug-specific counseling and a personal touch throughout your journey with us. Our expert pharmacists and clinicians are specially trained in your disease state and work closely with your prescriber to deliver the best patient experience. When you sign up, you will also receive a welcome call from a nurse trained in your specific disease state.
MS Center of Excellence
At Humana Specialty Pharmacy, we know an MS diagnosis brings physical and emotional demands and changes, and each person’s treatment path is unique. While no cure exists for MS, therapies are available to manage symptoms and reduce disease progression. The MS Center of Excellence provides insight into unique health challenges this chronic condition brings—and a tailored approach to your therapy treatment.
Cancer Center of Excellence
Receiving a cancer diagnosis is life altering and frightening. Suddenly having to choose a treatment therapy plan while managing your current medications along with a cancer therapy can be challenging. But it doesn’t have to be. Our Cancer Center of Excellence is here to improve your overall patient experience and work with your healthcare team to maximize the outcome of your therapy plan. We offer support for some of the most common cancer types—breast, gynecological, leukemia, lung, multiple myeloma and prostate cancer.
Call us to get personalized care with MS: 855-425-3994 (TTY: 711) or cancer: 844-222-3267 (TTY: 711). We’re available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Eastern time.
- Data is based on Humana member claims of the top 5 specialty pharmacies used by Humana members. High patient satisfaction is based on the MMIT and Zitter Health Insights 2019 Patient Satisfaction Survey. This award represents the highest quality in customer service and optimal patient care by a specialty pharmacy. The criteria for this award were formulated by an external committee comprising individuals representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), trade organizations, consultants and equity research firms.
- 2019 financial assistance amount was determined by the total amount billed to and paid by manufacturer and charitable financial assistance programs for Humana Specialty Pharmacy patients. Financial assistance is based on eligibility needs.